In addition to the Pet Health Care Library, we have provided the following links to websites that provide some great information on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care.
New Puppy Resources
- Parvovirus: What you should know to keep your puppy safe from parvovirus
- Distemper: One of our core vaccinations for puppies.
- Leptospirosis: Keep your puppy safe from the leptospirosis bacteria
- Lyme Disease: Our area is notorious for lyme disease. Make sure your pet is protected.
- Rabies: Keep your family and your pet safe. This vaccination is required by law.
- Kennel Cough: An important vaccine for your dog if they will be kenneled. Most kennels require this vaccine.
- Influenza: Information on influenza if your pet may be kenneled. Some kennels require this vaccine.
- Vaccination Guide: A guide to the various vaccinations your puppy may need.
- Heartgard: Protect your pet from heartworm disease and internal parasites. We recommend this chew monthly year-round.
- Frontline Gold: Protect your pet from fleas and ticks with this topical prevention. We recommend a flea/tick preventative monthly year-round.
- Nexgard: Protect your pet from fleas and ticks with this chewable prevention. We recommend a flea/tick preventative monthly year-round.
- Intestinal Parasite Testing: Keep your puppy parasite free with regular fecal testing.
- PetLink: We recommend a microchip for your pet. It gives them a permanent form of identification.